The British Association for Modernist Studies is a membership organisation which aims to support and promote the study of modernism in all its aspects. It seeks to both connect modernist scholars within the UK and make connections globally.
As well as actively supporting modernist studies in the UK, new and renewing members will receive:
- A print subscription to Modernist Cultures which is published three times a year
- Online access to Modernist Cultures
- Free or reduced access to all BAMS events including postgraduate training days, conferences, and the ‘New Work in Modernist Studies’ graduate symposia
- Access to members-only content on the BAMS website, including training resources and publisher discounts
- Eligibility for entry to the new BAMS essay prize for early career researchers
Memberships are available on two levels with additional rates for international members:
- Standard (waged) rate of £45 per annum
- Student (unwaged) rate of £32 per annum
- International standard rate of £55 per annum
- International student rate of £45 per annum
We also offer two further levels of membership with an online-only year’s subscription to Modernist Cultures. Members choosing these online-only rates will not receive print copies of the journal but will be eligible for all the other benefits of full membership:
- Online-only standard (waged) rate of £28 per annum
- Online-only student (unwaged) rate of £23 per annum
To learn more about BAMS, visit the society website here.
To join BAMS, please go to our Society Page at Edinburgh University Press.